Tuesday 1 December 2009

Welcome to The United States of Europe!

The Lisbon Treaty is ratified today, rejoice! Further integration into the EU, check my last post for a nice speech from Nigel Farage.

I really do not like being part of the EU, I'll explain in a full and coherant manner at some point.

"If it contains the same substance, why is the Lisbon Treaty not a constitution?
The constitution attempted to replace all earlier EU treaties and start afresh, whereas the new treaty amends the Treaty on the European Union (Maastricht) and the Treaty Establishing the European Community (Rome).It also drops all reference to the symbols of the EU - the flag, the anthem and the motto - though these will continue to exist."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8387648.stm

A nice quote from europa.eu :

"In a rapidly changing world, Europeans look to the EU to address issues such as globalisation, climatic and demographic changes, security and energy."

Do we? Do we really? I look to my democratically elected government regarding issues that I believe are important, CLIMATE CHANGE IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment